June 12, 2012

The Journey To Lose Weight


The Journey To Lose Weight

Project Size 6





My body transformation is now under construction. I am actually re-starting this quest. I tried about two years ago and when my sister was diagnosed with cancer. We made it our business to learn as much as we could about healthy eating. Unfortunately my sister passed away 6 months after her diagnoses of stage 4 colon cancer. 
Devastated, I began to emotionally eat, my dress size ballooned from size 11 to a whopping size 20 on this 5'1 inch frame. I lost a few dress sizes but I needed to lose more. I began to work closely with my client, Lonnie Bush who is my personal trainer as well. I told her I needed help and I also needed to look the part since we will be making public appearances. Every since I teamed up with my Nutritional Dr. Terry Starks he has taught me some really good healthy ways of eating. He is know as the The Diet Doctor I love this new lifestyle, and at this point I don't think I want to go back to the awful way I was eating before. 

See, I knew about eating healthy foods but, what I didn't use was portion control. Now I have it down and the weight has began to drop! Significantly! I mean, even I have noticed my own weight loss. I am proud of me. 

This journey to a healthy dress size 6 is much needed. All the Family Fun nights of cooking large heavy meals got me in this predicament. The largest I have ever been in my life!
I have a ways to go, but I can see myself actually reaching my goal and staying there now. My new nutritional Dr. Terry Starks is phenomenal along with my personal fitness trainer the two of them combined are my winning combination to a smaller healthier me. 

Take a look at some of the foods I have prepared so far during my first journey. I was not a asparagus fan until the day I made the salad. 
I love Panera Bread so I went there for lunch one day with my trainer and she bought me a Strawberry Chicken Salad with poppy seed dressing to go. I took it home and re-plated it. Yummy! 

Since it's strawberry season and I love strawberries I have gotten a little creative with my meals by adding and mixing in strawberries. I think making the lassi was one of my best meals so far.

Stay tuned because this ride is not over.
Strawberry Yogurt with fresh strawberries

Asparagus & Shrimp Salad

Strawberry and Chicken Salad from Panera

Follow Me on Pinterest



Strawberry Lassi 





Top of Strawberry Lassi








No comments:

Post a Comment